Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are email addresses in contacts automatically safe-listed?

Hi all,

I've created a vCard and I was wondering if any email addresses I add to my vCard are automatically safelisted? For example, if I send you my vCard (that has 3/4 email addresses in it) and you add my vCard to your Contacts database (Apple or Windows), are those email addresses automatically safelisted and emails associated w/ those email addresses will not go to your junk/spam folders?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 4:32 PM

No idea about Windows.

The default Junk email rules allow anyone in your Contacts or anyone you have sent an email to.

Where the contact originated from makes no difference.

If you don't import the other email address into your Contacts, they won't be automatically excluded from junk email filtering.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 4:32 PM in response to majch

No idea about Windows.

The default Junk email rules allow anyone in your Contacts or anyone you have sent an email to.

Where the contact originated from makes no difference.

If you don't import the other email address into your Contacts, they won't be automatically excluded from junk email filtering.

Are email addresses in contacts automatically safe-listed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.