Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone7 Always randomly dim

I have an iPhone 7 that is always randomly chooses to self dim. I do not have auto brightness turned on. There are absolutely no settings turned on that would cause. Can this even be fixed or is it just wondering if Apples software?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 2:49 PM

out of curiosity, if you check Settings > Battery > Battery Health, does it show any warnings? What does it show for the maximum capacity?

I'm asking because it's commented in the support article below that the iOS software might do this sort of thing if it's attempting to prevent a shutdown due to battery issues..

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 2:49 PM in response to Metallica760

out of curiosity, if you check Settings > Battery > Battery Health, does it show any warnings? What does it show for the maximum capacity?

I'm asking because it's commented in the support article below that the iOS software might do this sort of thing if it's attempting to prevent a shutdown due to battery issues..

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

My iphone7 Always randomly dim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.