Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

Hey so i just brought this iphone 6s off facebook but the owner wont give me his apple id and password so the phone say apple lock what else can i do this is one of my soms christamas gifts ?!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 10:43 AM

Activation lock cannot be removed without the help of the previous owner

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

if the seller simply doesn't want to give you their credentials, that makes perfect sense.. one should never give out their credentials. But prior to selling an iPhone, there is a procedure that needs to be followed and they clearly did not.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note the section If you no longer have your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

The previous owner can follow those instructions to remove it from their account remotely.

if the seller is uncooperative, it's likely because the iPhone is stolen. So you may want to contact your local law enforcement

you could also report the seller or contact Facebook to report..

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 10:43 AM in response to zae178

Activation lock cannot be removed without the help of the previous owner

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

if the seller simply doesn't want to give you their credentials, that makes perfect sense.. one should never give out their credentials. But prior to selling an iPhone, there is a procedure that needs to be followed and they clearly did not.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note the section If you no longer have your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

The previous owner can follow those instructions to remove it from their account remotely.

if the seller is uncooperative, it's likely because the iPhone is stolen. So you may want to contact your local law enforcement

you could also report the seller or contact Facebook to report..

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.