Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail won't open on MacBook Pro after Big Sur update

As soon as I updated my laptop, I opened all my important apps to check out the new look. Everything opened as was working properly. It's now a few days later of not using my laptop much and now mail won't open. It does not display an error message, it just shows my mail notifications and has the little white dot below.

I referred to other similar questions on here and tried the advice they gave, however, nothing has worked thus far. I tried going to ~/Library/Caches to delete anything there and then restart my laptop.

I also tried removing from dock and restarting with no luck. I'm wondering if there are any other options for getting mail open?

Thanks

MacBook

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 7:56 AM

Hannastolper, launch activity monitor application and then launch the mail app. Does the mail continuously get CPU time? And is more than just a trickle of CPU? Mail could be rebuilding indexes. How many emails are in your inbox? This may affect how long it takes to rebuild your mail database.

I hope this helps.

Paul

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 7:56 AM in response to hannastolper

Hannastolper, launch activity monitor application and then launch the mail app. Does the mail continuously get CPU time? And is more than just a trickle of CPU? Mail could be rebuilding indexes. How many emails are in your inbox? This may affect how long it takes to rebuild your mail database.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Mail won't open on MacBook Pro after Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.