Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch app crashes

Apple Watch app crashes after iOS 14.3 update. Bought a new watch but can’t use it due to not be able to pair It because the app crashes

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 4:19 PM

I had the same problem with my new iwatch 6. Seems quite a few people also have the problem with the pairing app in OS 14.3 crashing. The only help we get is follow the set up instructions on line that don't work because the phone app crashes. Is Apple working on it?

5 replies

Dec 18, 2020 2:14 PM in response to Summer09-1982

Hello Summer09-1982,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having trouble with pairing your Apple Watch, and we're happy to help with this.

Let's make sure your Apple Watch and iPhone are close to each other.

Next, on your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Contents and Settings to Erase your Apple Watch.

Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and try pairing the Apple Watch again:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

Jan 15, 2021 12:37 AM in response to jdo_apple

Hello I am having the same problem and followed the steps on the Watch but the iPhone part is not working. The app doesn't open and if I try to delete it, I get the message that I must unpair the watch first. I also deleted the watch from Find My Phone. Now I can't delete the app and can't set up the watch. This is so frustrating

Apple Watch app crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.