Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earphones buttons doesn’t respond

No earphones respond to the buttons either wired or wirless or even my brand new airpods...I can’t pause or play next

Iphone 6s...IOS14

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 2:18 PM

Hello,

The use of headphone buttons is a little tricky (you have to press with exactly the correct pressure and timing). If your wired headphones don't work, clean the charging port and see this:

If your headphones don‘t work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

For wireless AirPods, see this:

Connect and use your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Note: I've been using wired & wireless headphones for years and I usually use the controls on the phone instead because they are generally more reliable. Maybe its just me :-)

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 2:18 PM in response to hesham206

Hello,

The use of headphone buttons is a little tricky (you have to press with exactly the correct pressure and timing). If your wired headphones don't work, clean the charging port and see this:

If your headphones don‘t work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

For wireless AirPods, see this:

Connect and use your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Note: I've been using wired & wireless headphones for years and I usually use the controls on the phone instead because they are generally more reliable. Maybe its just me :-)

Good luck.

Earphones buttons doesn’t respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.