Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Macbook Pro refresh rate of 30hz on a 4k monitor?

Hey guys,

I am currently using an external monitor (Benq EW2780U) and using a Thunderbolt 3 Pro cable connected directly from the laptop to the monitor. I am only able to achieve a refresh rate of 30hz when the monitor is rated for 60hz. I have gone through all the display options and my refresh rate cannot be set higher to anything above 30?

Could someone please help me out with this?

Thanks

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 10:55 AM

Once you have done your homework by testing with high quality cables, (at least "4K" capable) solutions to low resolution are unknown. We have no community generated tips for you.

Use the contact support link at the top of every forum page, work with them and do not give up. Do not let them tell you it is solved unless/until they file a bug report or send you to a second-level tech who promises to file a bug report.

It is quite possible this is a bug in Big Sur 11.1

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 10:55 AM in response to keesbrandenburg

Once you have done your homework by testing with high quality cables, (at least "4K" capable) solutions to low resolution are unknown. We have no community generated tips for you.

Use the contact support link at the top of every forum page, work with them and do not give up. Do not let them tell you it is solved unless/until they file a bug report or send you to a second-level tech who promises to file a bug report.

It is quite possible this is a bug in Big Sur 11.1

M1 Macbook Pro refresh rate of 30hz on a 4k monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.