You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Dual Display issue

I just purchase 2 brand new Mac Mini's for $899 each for my office. We need to be able to operate on two screen when the computer locks or goes to sleep and the screens come back on they start glitching out and you need to unplug and plug them back in multiple time, until the problem is resolved. One dispay is connected via the HDMI port while the other is connect via HDMI through the adapter sold by apple.

I spoke with apple support and they directed me to the apple store, who tried to take the computer for 24-48, this is not a viable option. Is there something i am doing wrong or is this a defect. Same issue on both computers

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 11:31 AM

4 replies

Dec 16, 2020 8:11 PM in response to matusik7

I have a similar problem. I have one hooked to HDMI and another to display port to thunderbolt. When booted with both screens the display port monitor bounces from bottom left to top right. Sometimes I cannot move the mouse or type on keyboard. If I boot to either monitor by itself there are no issues. I have updated to 11.1 and it didn't fix this.

Mac Mini Dual Display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.