Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Name labels

My name labels are hiding things in my photos that I want to see. How can I disable them? I went into the "info" button as another answer to this suggested, but there is no "Faces" box to edit. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 8:01 PM

Hello Jane,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, your photos display people's names and you would like to disable this feature.

If that is the case, you can stop showing face names from Photos by going to View > Hide Face Names. We found that information from the 'Manually identify and name people in a photo' section of Find and identify photos of people using Photos on Mac.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 8:01 PM in response to Jane1022

Hello Jane,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, your photos display people's names and you would like to disable this feature.

If that is the case, you can stop showing face names from Photos by going to View > Hide Face Names. We found that information from the 'Manually identify and name people in a photo' section of Find and identify photos of people using Photos on Mac.

Have a great day!

Dec 20, 2020 8:38 AM in response to Brian_P7

Thank you, Brian!! The labels were unfortunately hiding things I wanted to see, like my Golden Retriever's face in a photo taken of the two of us snuggling on the sofa. (I don't need the label to know that it's me, lol).

It's very helpful, though, to have the feature that identifies people by face; it allows me to see all photos of my niece Emily, for example, when I'm looking for a good photo of her.

Thanks for your helpful advice.

Name labels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.