Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 14.3 update storage issue

since updating to iOS 14.3, on my iPhone 12 Pro, my free space has dropped from 31.5 GB to 18.9GB, taken up by "other," while on my iPad 6th Gen, my free space has dropped from 13.5GB to 7.8GB, taken up by "other." Did restore on both devices, and although the free space returned to normal initially, after a while, they dropped down to the "other" levels. Is this a bug? or will it eventually return to normal? Never had this come up with any other update. Updated to 14.3 on the device first, then updated again on restore through itunes

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 1:25 PM

problem has been solved :) spent awhile with Ken from Apple Support. All i needed to do was plug in my phone. Basically when plugged in, my devices had compiles data, resolve issues, etc, a lot of techno stuff. Botom line, leave it plugged in and alone for awhile. If you unplug it, and plug it back in, it has to restart the process. all i know is after a week of watching ,my free space go from 12 to 9,8,7,6,5,4 then up to 17, down to 3gb free. i left it plugged in for a few hours and got all my free space back. Not sure if this will work for everyone, but worth a try

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 1:25 PM in response to keroppi_kai

problem has been solved :) spent awhile with Ken from Apple Support. All i needed to do was plug in my phone. Basically when plugged in, my devices had compiles data, resolve issues, etc, a lot of techno stuff. Botom line, leave it plugged in and alone for awhile. If you unplug it, and plug it back in, it has to restart the process. all i know is after a week of watching ,my free space go from 12 to 9,8,7,6,5,4 then up to 17, down to 3gb free. i left it plugged in for a few hours and got all my free space back. Not sure if this will work for everyone, but worth a try

Dec 17, 2020 4:26 PM in response to keroppi_kai

after a fresh restore through iTunes on tuesday, the free space on my iPad dropped down to 6.4gb free. but yesterday, the free space climbed back up to 8.7gb free. today it climbed up to 9.3gb free, 11.42gb other. now it is 10.6.gb free, 10.5gb other.

hopefully will see same results with iphone tomorrow. did restore on it last night. went from 30.5gb free after install down to 18.1gb free and 24.27 other an hour later

ios 14.3 update storage issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.