Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding an ad blocker extension

When trying to install an ad-blocker extension, I get this message. The app does not appear to download, or allow me to proceed. Obviously, I'm not a techie. Need some assistance. Thanks.

Extensions can be enabled in the Develop menu.

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 8:07 PM

bjbhunttx Said:

"Adding an ad blocker extension When trying to install an ad-blocker extension, I get this message. The app does not appear to download, or allow me to proceed. Obviously, I'm not a techie. Need some assistance. Thanks. Extensions can be enabled in the Develop menu."

-------

See if this Helps: Use the Developer Tools in the Develop Menu in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

As it reads: "If you don’t see the Develop menu in the menu bar, choose Safari > Preferences, click Advanced, then select “Show Develop menu in menu bar"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 8:07 PM in response to bjbhunttx

bjbhunttx Said:

"Adding an ad blocker extension When trying to install an ad-blocker extension, I get this message. The app does not appear to download, or allow me to proceed. Obviously, I'm not a techie. Need some assistance. Thanks. Extensions can be enabled in the Develop menu."

-------

See if this Helps: Use the Developer Tools in the Develop Menu in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

As it reads: "If you don’t see the Develop menu in the menu bar, choose Safari > Preferences, click Advanced, then select “Show Develop menu in menu bar"

Adding an ad blocker extension

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.