Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset Locked and Unpaired Apple Watch

Hi everyone.

So I have a series 4 Apple Watch and a few days ago my 3 year old son got a hold of it and when I took it back shortly after it had the message “ Too many passcode attempts. Reset Apple Watch and pair again”.

I went to the Apple Watch App and unpaired. This, for whatever reason, failed to reset the watch which is still locked however it did unpair the watch from my phone so it no longer appears in the watch app.

i try to erase all settings from the watch itself by holding the power button down and it starts the process (I can see the swirling white dots) however after the screen goes black if I tap it again it has gone back to the lock screen and the “erase all settings” seems to have failed but with no error appearing anywhere.

it seems as if my watch is now bricked as I have no way to access it on my phone nor reset from the watch. Is there something else I could do? All help would be welcomed.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 2:05 AM

On a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.

Go to Find Iphone.

Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase Apple Watch.

Select Next until the device is erased.

Click the remove button next to your Apple Watch.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2020 2:05 AM in response to sheakun

On a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.

Go to Find Iphone.

Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase Apple Watch.

Select Next until the device is erased.

Click the remove button next to your Apple Watch.

Reset Locked and Unpaired Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.