Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

My AppleTv screen shows only Computers and Settings. I have no menu, etc. When I try to test my internet connection it says iTunes not available. When I try to sign in I get a message "Cannot connect to iTunes Store"

From other sources, I deleted my AppleTV in an attempt to solve whatever the problem is, but now I cannot find out how to add it back.

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 11:56 AM

That is your main menu, however you are only seeing those icons since it has lost the connection to the network and everything else is fed from a server.

Not sure what you mean by "I deleted my AppleTV" as it is a hardware box that connects via HDMI to your TV.

If it is using wifi you can try ethernet

Also make sure DNS is set to auto (settings - general - network)

You can check the current status of the network by getting a diagnostic report using istumbler, netstumbler or similar. This will show values for signal strength and noise along with nearby networks it detects.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2020 11:56 AM in response to Grammy Bet

That is your main menu, however you are only seeing those icons since it has lost the connection to the network and everything else is fed from a server.

Not sure what you mean by "I deleted my AppleTV" as it is a hardware box that connects via HDMI to your TV.

If it is using wifi you can try ethernet

Also make sure DNS is set to auto (settings - general - network)

You can check the current status of the network by getting a diagnostic report using istumbler, netstumbler or similar. This will show values for signal strength and noise along with nearby networks it detects.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.