Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extra Desktop devices showing on my account (and are inconsistent)

When I check my Account from my iPhone (Settings-->MyName) I see three DESKTOP devices, one of which appears to be nonsense and the another a duplicate (I have only one computer, a Windows 10 PC). The weird ones - one says it's an iPhone (running vers Windows 6.2.92), the other two say Windows 10. All three have the exact same identifier. My iphone and Apple Watch are also shown and entries are correct.

So ... I'm very confused

Should I just delete the duplicate Windows 10 entry and the weird DESKTOP/iphone entry?

iphone SE iOS 14.3, Windows 10 PC, AppleWatch 6

(Not really an iphone question, nor a Windows question, more of an Account issue, but I couldn't find an appropriate section to ask. I am trying to figure out some other problems and am starting with trying to identify anything that isn't correct or up to date. One step at a time.)

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 12:17 PM

For the duplicate entry, try signing that computer out of iCloud, restart, and sign back in. See if that clears all 3 entries. If not, you can remove the phone entry.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.    

5 replies

Dec 16, 2020 12:28 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric Root wrote:

For the duplicate entry, try signing that computer out of iCloud, restart, and sign back in. See if that clears all 3 entries. If not, you can remove the phone entry.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.    

Thank you Eric for the fast response. I don't know what "signing that computer out of iCloud" means. I do know I am not logged in to iCloud on icloud.com. And, also, you mentioned seeing if that clears all 3 entries and if not to remove the phone entry. But then that would still leave duplicate computer entries, right? (and reason I mentioned icloud.com is I keep seeing prompts to get iCloud app, not sure how that's different. Ever since I got Windows 10 laptop (from Windows 7 Desktop) I've been confused, just now getting myself up for dealing with it ... haven't been able to do anything with iTunes even, can't find devices, other issues. I'm just starting from the bottom, one step at a time)

Dec 16, 2020 1:10 PM in response to Eric Root

OK - signed off iCloud.com, restarted. Also powered down and up my iPhone.

NOW - taking same path via Settings on iphone, I see NO devices

icloud.com shows all expected devices and one "DESKTOP-xxxxxxx", but that is identified underneath as "iphone"; if I select it, I see a prompt asking if I lost sold or gave away that device. Doesn't say Windows at all

Dec 16, 2020 1:32 PM in response to DianeX

DianeX wrote:

OK - signed off iCloud.com, restarted. Also powered down and up my iPhone.
NOW - taking same path via Settings on iphone, I see NO devices
icloud.com shows all expected devices and one "DESKTOP-xxxxxxx", but that is identified underneath as "iphone"; if I select it, I see a prompt asking if I lost sold or gave away that device. Doesn't say Windows at all

CORRECTIONS -- Sorry, I got interrupted by something and got confused. ***My iPhone IS showing all the same entries, three DESKTOP-aaaaaaa entries - two say "Windows" below, the other "iPhone", same as before

Extra Desktop devices showing on my account (and are inconsistent)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.