Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness+ - Apple Watch not connecting to Apple TV

After opening Fitness+ on Apple TV, it says "Open Workout App on Apple Watch to Connect. This will personalize your Apple+experience. Requires watchOS 7.2 or later."

When I open Workout App on Apple Watch, nothing happens. There is no connect button.

I have tried restarting iPhone, AppleTV and Apple Watch, but it did not help.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 8:43 AM

Hi karen12,

Thanks for the reply. I did make sure all devices were up to date.

I then contacted Apple Support through a chat, we tried several things, then I was connected with experts from phone support. The issue was kicked up to a supervisor. She suggested signing out of my Apple ID on my AppleTV (Settings/General/Users and Accounts/Default User/iCloud/Sign Out) and then signing back in. After that I had to make sure the AirPlay and HomeKit was set up on the AppleTV (Settings/General/AirPlay and HomeKit/Room/In My Home).

This solved my problem and I was able to immediately use Fitness+

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

nvlattas

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2020 8:43 AM in response to KMB_12

Hi karen12,

Thanks for the reply. I did make sure all devices were up to date.

I then contacted Apple Support through a chat, we tried several things, then I was connected with experts from phone support. The issue was kicked up to a supervisor. She suggested signing out of my Apple ID on my AppleTV (Settings/General/Users and Accounts/Default User/iCloud/Sign Out) and then signing back in. After that I had to make sure the AirPlay and HomeKit was set up on the AppleTV (Settings/General/AirPlay and HomeKit/Room/In My Home).

This solved my problem and I was able to immediately use Fitness+

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

nvlattas

Dec 19, 2020 1:39 PM in response to nvlattas

Hi there nvlattas,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this trouble you're having connecting the Apple Fitness+ to your Apple TV. We're happy to help you with this. First, you'll need to confirm the devices and software versions needed here:

Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+

If you need to update any of your device software, find the guidance to do so here:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

How to update your Apple TV

We hope this helps you. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Fitness+ - Apple Watch not connecting to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.