Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to Apple TV Fitness+

My watch will not connect to my Apple TV fitness + app. My wife’s watch connects no problem. I open the workout app on my watch the connect button appears and then I hit the continue button. Nothing happens for a short while and the the connect button appears again. I have checked everything is on the same Wi-fi network and tried resetting watch, phone, Apple tv and Wi-fi network. No joy.

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 3:25 AM

Ok, problem solved. Pain in the neck. I reset the AppleTV erasing all settings and set it up from scratch manually. As soon as I went into the fitness + app on the AppleTV it had my watch as an optional profile. Over 2 hours of my life I’ll never get back, but it fixed it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 3:25 AM in response to Iaingm

Ok, problem solved. Pain in the neck. I reset the AppleTV erasing all settings and set it up from scratch manually. As soon as I went into the fitness + app on the AppleTV it had my watch as an optional profile. Over 2 hours of my life I’ll never get back, but it fixed it.

Dec 14, 2020 9:28 PM in response to Iaingm

I had this issue too. I created a support case with Apple, and they did not have an answer either. However, after much troubleshooting, I have appeared to resolve my issue. The "Home" Setup on the Apple TV was never completed. Once I did this, it started working 100% of the time.

On the Apple TV go to Settings > AirPlay and HomeKit. I selected the Room to change the Name, and then it paired my phone with the Apple TV, setting up "My Home".

Go back to the Fitness App and it should pair.

Connecting to Apple TV Fitness+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.