Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After 14.3 update I'm stuck trying to enter my Apple ID

I updated my phone to iOS 14.3 and after rebooting it now requests my Apple ID over and over and over again. No related message, it just keeps asking for my Apple ID over and over again.

I used my Apple ID to log in onto this site, so I don't know what else to do.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 12:44 PM

7 replies

Dec 20, 2020 11:21 AM in response to Xyleya

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

Dec 19, 2020 1:08 PM in response to Xyleya

Hello Xyleya,

It sounds like you may be seeing an issue with being asked to enter your Apple ID after updating.

To help the Community respond better, could you provide a few more details as to exactly what message you're seeing? Is this related to needing to update apps potentially?

Did you happen to use a different Apple ID on your device at any time?

This should help provide the Community with better ways to provide you with things to try, but if you need to, feel free to reach out to our team here: Get Support

Cheers!

Dec 20, 2020 6:27 AM in response to Eric--F

I have done the update to 14.3 and the phone rebooted as expected. Then it asks me for my PIN which works just fine and the next screen is the request to login with my Apple ID. I'm stuck at this screen ever since, even after turning the device off and on again. It simply doesn't go anywhere when I enter my password, but just keeps asking for it over and over again.

Dec 20, 2020 1:13 PM in response to Eric Root

Restarting or resetting didn't change the behaviour of my phone, it still keeps asking for the Apple ID password over and over again without an error message after I succesfully entered my PIN.

Backup/Restore apparently requires this iTunes-software, which doesn't seem to be available for PC.

So first I'm forced by my bank to buy a new phone to use their login-software instead of the previous pin-lists and now this phone doesn't even work after just one year. All this new technology and suddenly nothing works anymore.

After 14.3 update I'm stuck trying to enter my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.