Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV HD Not Waking from Sleep

My apple TV has stopped waking up from sleeping using the remote. The weird thing is if I press the volume up and menu button to start pairing the remote it will wake up and try to pair but then the remote is unresponsive and seems to have difficulty pairing. I'm also having trouble finding the apple TV on my iphone when I try to use that as a remote.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 2:48 PM

For your remote app:

1. Check that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Network.
  2. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, and your Apple TV is updated to the latest version of tvOS.
  3. Restart your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. Also try restarting your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2020 2:48 PM in response to governator_anold

For your remote app:

1. Check that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Network.
  2. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, and your Apple TV is updated to the latest version of tvOS.
  3. Restart your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. Also try restarting your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

Apple TV HD Not Waking from Sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.