Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant transfer raw photos taken on iPhone 12 pro max to windows pc

There is no way for me to transfer the raw photos I have taken to my pc, I have tried iCloud photos both on a web browser and the application, that did not work. I plug my iPhone in and use the windows photos import feature but it almost never works, and always says there was an error, I have only managed to transfer one raw photo.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 11:34 PM

I have the same issue. I’ve tried via iTune, iCloud, plugging phone directly to pc. Very frustrating and makes Pro Raw pointless if I can’t edit using Lightroom or Photoshop on my PC. Any suggestions appreciated?

10 replies

Jan 19, 2021 2:17 PM in response to tigerfoxleopardeagle

I also have had problems/errors importing photos from my iPhone 12 Pro Max into a Windows PC using both Windows Photos and Adobe Lightroom. After exhaustive experimentation, I've isolated the problem to the existence of any RAW file that has been edited in the iPhone using the Apple Photos app. So long as the Photos app contains no ProRaw/DNG file that has been edited, there is no problem and the import proceeds as expected, transferring all HEIC and DNG files. Otherwise, one gets an error that the device is unreachable or some such. Adobe Lightroom actually hangs and must be restarted. I hope Apple is aware and is investigating.

Mar 11, 2021 10:01 AM in response to MikeATrout

After spending an entire and experimenting a lot of third party software, this was the thing that solved my problem. Since it's a brand new Iphone 12 Pro Max I was able to delete the few RAW images that I had (but before I transferred them in JPG) and then all went smooth transferring the DNG files via Windows Explorer or Photos App!

Maybe someone at Apple can fix this soon.

Thank you MikeATrout

cant transfer raw photos taken on iPhone 12 pro max to windows pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.