Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I force logic to display a breve note?

I have a 9/4 bar and I wish to display 8 beats as a breve note, but Logic will only give me tied semibreves or a dotted semibreve tied to a minim.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 2:36 AM

6 replies

Dec 17, 2020 10:17 AM in response to Indyuser

I had this selected, and tried changing the note choice just to see if a refresh would jog its memory. I even tried changing the beat display in the time signature window to 1+8 to see if it may a difference. But neither did.

I also thought it might make it work by selecting force syncopation. But no.

I have used Logic for score writing for 30 years, so I know most of Logic's workarounds. I'm sure it did work when I last wanted to use it, but that was probably in an earlier version.

Dec 17, 2020 7:38 PM in response to Indyuser

I bow to your superior knowledge - tho what the rationale of this is I’ve no idea.

Answer me then another question why has Logic never recognised that in compound time sigs (6/8, 9/8) the beat, and particularly the rests, should appear as dotted crotchets/quarters? It’s an infuriatingly basic principle of theory that really should be programmed in.

but thanks

how can I force logic to display a breve note?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.