Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received my 8th generation IPad. I have tried repeatedly to get the fingertip ID to set up it will not. I have gone to “add a fingertip” but I will not work. What can I do to make it work?

For IPad 8th generation........how do I get my fingerprint ID to work? I could not get it to accept my fingerprint when I was setting up the IPad I received on Monday. Now I am at “add a fingerprint” and it will not even bring up the fingerprint for me to tap with my index finger. Please advise.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 5:25 AM

Read this support article and follow ALL the steps provided:--> If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

If the issue persists, make an appointment and have your iPad inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

1 reply

I received my 8th generation IPad. I have tried repeatedly to get the fingertip ID to set up it will not. I have gone to “add a fingertip” but I will not work. What can I do to make it work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.