You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch screen appearing washed out

i recently noticed my Apple Watch S4 screen appearing washed out (prominent on the right hand side). See attached screenshots.

just some background on my watch usage. Never submerged under water and kept in watch case at all times and it barely has any scuffs.

I wonder if this is happening to others as well.

edit : the issue is more noticeable in very low lighting conditions. You can replicate this by putting your watch in bedtime mode from watch control panel and then take your watch off of your wrist. Then press the crown and you should be prompted to enter watch passcode and the display should appear dimmed.

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 8:13 AM

3 replies

Dec 20, 2020 6:22 AM in response to satyricylosis

Hello satyricylosis,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that your Apple Watch screen looks washed out. Is the screen brightness up all the way? If not, try adjusting the brightness using the steps from this article:

Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Apple Watch screen appearing washed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.