Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving the passwords for apps in IOS Password

For the life of me I can’t figure out how to save in Password the passwords for apps, so that they can be saved in keychain. When I go to Passwords to save a password it will only allow it to be saved if I entire a web domaine with .com, etc. But what if I am working with the app alone and don’t know a URL? Is there no way to save the app password then?

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 9:42 AM

7 replies

Dec 18, 2020 6:38 AM in response to LD150

Yes. If you know, or after you have figured it out or found it.

Of course, it is often quite easy. Often you sign up first on the web site. It was also not hard to figure out, for example, for the Bose music app it is Bose.com.

However, I already mentioned the ExxonMobil app. You have to know it is not ExxonMobil.com but Exxon.com. Or take the app, which is called "Credit Card" that I use with a credit card that Fidelity Investments provides me through a company called Elan that is owned by US Bancorp. The website is neither Fidelity.com nor Elan.com nor USBancorp.com but myaccess.com. I have a couple of other apps like that.

Again, I can live with this now that I know how it works. A bit of hunting can turn up the appropriate URL. It just would have been a bit handier if IOS Password could save right from the app, especially since in many cases you can sign up right in the app without ever encountering the web site.

Dec 17, 2020 12:40 PM in response to Global

The app is usually just a portal into the exxonmobile website. Google for their sign-in website. Sign into your account in the web version of the exxonmobile site in Safari with the same username and password that you use in the app.

It should save in your password keychain.

If you forgot the password you can usually click on Forgot Password

Saving the passwords for apps in IOS Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.