Do iPhones save passwords from apps

I’ve had many iPhones through the years and have never been able to figure out how to get them to automatically save new App passwords. It works fine if I’m using safari on a website but when I download an app and have to make a new account it doesn’t offer to save it for me so I have to go enter it in through settings if I want to save it. Anyone know how to get it to save for me?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 8:41 PM

JaneMH311 Said:

"Do iPhones save passwords from apps: I’ve had many iPhones through the years and have never been able to figure out how to get them to automatically save new App passwords.[...]"

-------

Saving Passwords From Apps:

Perhaps. Some apps store passwords from within them. Others make passwords accessible through Keychain. Go Here: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 8:41 PM in response to JaneMH311

JaneMH311 Said:

"Do iPhones save passwords from apps: I’ve had many iPhones through the years and have never been able to figure out how to get them to automatically save new App passwords.[...]"

-------

Saving Passwords From Apps:

Perhaps. Some apps store passwords from within them. Others make passwords accessible through Keychain. Go Here: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Jan 28, 2024 2:36 PM in response to MKM25

MKM25 Said:

"I have this problem too. I want the phone to remember the app password but not in iCloud."

-------

Saving Password from within an App:

Contact the Developer. If this is not a spec of the app,. then it just will not work. So, contact them asking them, "Why is this occurring? Is this an option for me? If so, how do I configure this?"

Do iPhones save passwords from apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.