Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.3 ringer volume issue Iphone XR

Updated my iPhone XR to IOS 14.3 and the ringer volume is increasing to the maximum level by itself. When I decrease the volume down to the desired level and lock the phone, it increases back to the Max. It doesn't happen all the time but few times a day. I never had any issues with the phone until i started updating to the IOS 14 and on.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 9:39 AM

Please see this discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250694412. It seems they found way to solve it.

8 replies

Jan 18, 2021 8:12 PM in response to HKiphoneUser

An update (same iPhone 11 on iOS 14.3). I have realized Whatsapp is involved with this volume increase issue as well. So now I have multiple triggers causing an automatic INCREASE in volume from, say, 20% (where I tend to use it) to maybe 95% (house shaking level).

1. The insertion of wired Apple brand headphones into the a lightening jack - immediate vol increase. I manually reduce it.
  2. Hanging up a Whatsapp call (above wired headphone connected before call comes in and still connected when call is terminated) - immediate vol increase. I manually reduce it. (Also, I noticed that the speaker phone indicator is 'on' when I am on a whatsapp call using the headphones - I think this is new since the 14.3 update)

Volume increase remains systemic - all alerts, ringers, etc.

Any thoughts?

Jan 18, 2021 5:38 AM in response to rony199

Hi I have the same issue on my iPhone 11 and only since updating to iOS 14.3 last week.

My wake up alarm appears to reset to itself high volume - I know because I have always set the alarm on the first volume setting above zero. The volume increase plays through to volume strength for all alerts. When locked, I get high volume alerts from Whatsapp, Calendar, Newspaper app, etc messages coming into my phone. When I open Whatsapp and go to its app settings to reset the volume they appear low as originally set. Its infuriating.

Today I discovered that when I insert lighting jack wired headphones it triggers a volume increase - every time. I dont know why. This may be the cause of all volume increases - still unclear at the moment.

Please help!

IOS 14.3 ringer volume issue Iphone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.