Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Power Issue

I have a 2017 MacBook Air that started turning itself off without warning. After sowing several resets on the computer including power cycle reset, PRAM reset and SMC reset and replaced the battery and power cord. When my charger is unplugged and plugged back in it takes several minutes for the charger light to turn red as if it’s charging even though when it turned off the battery life was 100%. I feel the computer thinks that it cannot get power from

the battery and only from the power cord. Does anyone know how to fix this without me going to the Apple Store?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 11:17 AM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2020 1:38 PM in response to Amanda4982

Amanda4982 Said:

"I feel the computer thinks that it cannot get power from: the battery and only from the power cord. Does anyone know how to fix this without me going to the Apple Store?"

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

I see you are running High Sierra (macOS 13). So, backup your Mac and then reinstall High Sierra.

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the transfer.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

MacBook Air Power Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.