Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts disappeared after upgrading to iOS 14.3

How do I recover my Contacts that disappeared today after installing the iOS 14.3 upgrade?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 3:12 PM

Hi, I was in the same boat as you guys and found the solution to the problem. There is a way to get your contacts back and it involves the email account(s) you have linked to the Contacts app. An Apple technician walked me through the steps and, being a technical writer I turned them into a procedural guide. The solution covers three posts, one after the other. To find it, go to my message on this forum titled "OS 14.3 update cost me more than 90 entries in my Contacts list and icloud.com"

If you have questions about the procedure, please refer them to me on that thread. Good luck!

• John in Oakland

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 3:12 PM in response to 55Pinkdublin

Hi, I was in the same boat as you guys and found the solution to the problem. There is a way to get your contacts back and it involves the email account(s) you have linked to the Contacts app. An Apple technician walked me through the steps and, being a technical writer I turned them into a procedural guide. The solution covers three posts, one after the other. To find it, go to my message on this forum titled "OS 14.3 update cost me more than 90 entries in my Contacts list and icloud.com"

If you have questions about the procedure, please refer them to me on that thread. Good luck!

• John in Oakland

Jan 12, 2021 5:33 PM in response to VeryFrustratediPhone6s and 6s___

I too tried icloud.com backup/restore but found no backups that predated the iOS upgrade. This is a major, major bug and will cause problems for many people, I fear. Apple needs to find a fix and a new install of iOS -- along with a procedure for recapturing lost Contacts. I've lost all communication details of more than 100 friends and business associates -- and will need to do an enormous amount of work getting them back. Let's hope Apple Support can help me, too.

Contacts disappeared after upgrading to iOS 14.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.