Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t log in to Facebook app or messenger

My phone is up to date, both apps are up to date. I have reset network settings, all settings, my entire phone, deleted and reinstalled the apps, basically everything. Still can’t login. I get the same login error. Please help. I’ve reported it to Facebook multiple times. It’s been almost a week and still can’t login.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 11:53 AM

It wasn’t the app in my case. I was able to log in on other people’s phones just fine. It was my iCloud account itself. I just fixed it last night on my own after talking to everyone possible for help. I factory reset my phone. When logging back into my iPhone I chose not to restore from a previous backup on my iCloud account. That’s the only way it worked. Whenever I restored it from a backup, the apps still didn’t work for me. And I know it wasn’t the apps themselves because I had multiple apps not working and giving me error messages. So if you try that you’ll be okay. Just back up EVERYTHING to your iCloud. And make sure you know all your passwords. I use the keychain feature through apple so it saves my passwords for me. But all I did was back up all my things to iCloud. Wiped the phone and then chose not to restore. But once you do that you’ll still have everything you’ll just have to redownload all your apps, log in, and rearrange them however you had them. I hope that made sense and can help you!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 11:53 AM in response to lila295

It wasn’t the app in my case. I was able to log in on other people’s phones just fine. It was my iCloud account itself. I just fixed it last night on my own after talking to everyone possible for help. I factory reset my phone. When logging back into my iPhone I chose not to restore from a previous backup on my iCloud account. That’s the only way it worked. Whenever I restored it from a backup, the apps still didn’t work for me. And I know it wasn’t the apps themselves because I had multiple apps not working and giving me error messages. So if you try that you’ll be okay. Just back up EVERYTHING to your iCloud. And make sure you know all your passwords. I use the keychain feature through apple so it saves my passwords for me. But all I did was back up all my things to iCloud. Wiped the phone and then chose not to restore. But once you do that you’ll still have everything you’ll just have to redownload all your apps, log in, and rearrange them however you had them. I hope that made sense and can help you!

Dec 22, 2020 11:10 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Pls if u have nothin to say then don’t reply cuz it ain’t helpful ! I have the same problem but only with messenger, I can’t login to any of my accounts and I can login from the browser or from the app, he said he asked facebook for help but nothing worked, so it’s a problem with the app itself, wish the problem will be fixed in the next update.

Dec 22, 2020 12:05 PM in response to lila295

Unfortunately you might end up developing the issue with multiple apps like me as well. But I’d you haven’t already here’s some other things you can try.

reset your network setting

make sure the app and your device are up to date versions

uninstall and reinstall the app

and if those don’t work try resetting network and settings

Can’t log in to Facebook app or messenger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.