Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode prompt but keyboard not working

My phone keeps prompting me to reset my passcode. but it locks in place and comes up with a spot to 'enter old passcode' but there is no keyboard or way to type in my old passcode. So i am just locked out of my phone, how do I fix this??

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 2:47 PM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2020 5:09 PM in response to JG4832

Hello JG4832,

We understand that you're being asked to enter your old passcode, but the keyboard isn't appearing to enter it.

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. Are you doing something specific on the device when the prompt to enter the passcode appears, or does that appear at random?
  2. Are you using the built-in iOS keyboard, or a third-party keyboard? Here's how to check: About the keyboards settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  3. Do you experience issues with the keyboard not appearing at other times as well, or when using specific apps? If so, what applications are affected?
  4. If you restart your device using the following steps, does that seem to correct the issue? Restart your iPhone

If the iPhone is currently disabled, the steps here may help: If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Thanks!

Passcode prompt but keyboard not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.