You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SmarTrip Balance in Apple Wallet — (Washington, D.C. Transit Topic)

The balance for my SmarTrip card (DC’s metro card) is never accurate. It always reflects an old balance, and not a balance from say yesterday or two days ago: A balance that is week’s old. I’ve removed the SmarTrip card from my Apple Wallet and then re-added it multiple times, and I even transferred the fully balance to a new card number, added it again, and again the same problem happened.

Is there something I can do to make sure the balance is accurate when I check it in my Apple Wallet? This problem is very annoying and ruining an otherwise great experience with Apple Wallet now taking care of my Metro needs.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 4:25 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 20, 2020 6:12 PM in response to williams.adamj

Hi there williams.adamj,

We understand you're having issues with a card balance in the Wallet app not updating, and we'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

To get started, check out the following resource that can help with troubleshooting this issue: If your transit card balance doesn't update in the Wallet app

If still having issues after those steps, the next option would be to reach out to your transit card issuer to check for any issues on their end.

If no issues are found, or if you have any other questions, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Pay Support directly at this link here: Get Support - Apple Pay

Have a great day!

SmarTrip Balance in Apple Wallet — (Washington, D.C. Transit Topic)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.