You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WMATA SmarTrip gone missing

I had a WMATA SmarTrip transit card in my Apple Wallet. After backing up my phone to iCloud I erased my device and restored from the cloud backup to troubleshoot a network problem. Everything came back fine except my payment cards in Wallet. I was able to re-enter the credit cards fine but there doesn’t seem to be a way to get my SmarTrip balance back. Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 7:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 11:12 PM

I understand your frustration. It's unfortunate that your SmarTrip balance didn't restore after you restored your iPhone from iCloud Backup.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get your SmarTrip balance back from iCloud Backup. This is because SmarTrip balance is not stored in iCloud. Instead, it is stored on the SmarTrip server. When you restore your iPhone from iCloud Backup, your credit cards are restored because they are stored in iCloud. However, your SmarTrip balance is not stored in iCloud, so it is not restored.

The only way to get your SmarTrip balance back is to contact SmarTrip customer support. They will be able to help you reset your balance and add it back to your account.

Here are the steps on how to contact SmarTrip customer support:

1. Go to the SmarTrip website: https://www.smartrip.com/.
  2. Click on the Manage your account online link on top of the page under Quick Links.
  3. Login with your user name or Need assistance? Call +1-888-SMARTRIP (+1-888-762-7874) (7AM to 8PM M-F)

CUSTOMER SUPPORT: 

SMARTRIP & SMARTBENEFITS

888.762.7874 (M—F, 7 am—8 pm)

SmarTrip customer support will help you reset your balance.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2023 11:12 PM in response to Balding_Jay

I understand your frustration. It's unfortunate that your SmarTrip balance didn't restore after you restored your iPhone from iCloud Backup.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get your SmarTrip balance back from iCloud Backup. This is because SmarTrip balance is not stored in iCloud. Instead, it is stored on the SmarTrip server. When you restore your iPhone from iCloud Backup, your credit cards are restored because they are stored in iCloud. However, your SmarTrip balance is not stored in iCloud, so it is not restored.

The only way to get your SmarTrip balance back is to contact SmarTrip customer support. They will be able to help you reset your balance and add it back to your account.

Here are the steps on how to contact SmarTrip customer support:

1. Go to the SmarTrip website: https://www.smartrip.com/.
  2. Click on the Manage your account online link on top of the page under Quick Links.
  3. Login with your user name or Need assistance? Call +1-888-SMARTRIP (+1-888-762-7874) (7AM to 8PM M-F)

CUSTOMER SUPPORT: 

SMARTRIP & SMARTBENEFITS

888.762.7874 (M—F, 7 am—8 pm)

SmarTrip customer support will help you reset your balance.

WMATA SmarTrip gone missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.