Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use screen recorder to record zoom audio

When Im recording a Zoom meeting with Screen Recorder (QT) There's no audio in that gets both the Mac mic and the zoom audio device. how can I record both along with the visual?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 5:48 AM

to record the mac's internal sound with quicktime you need additional software. i use a kext file from the retired soundflower app. the app no longer works but if you download the free kext file from this page it will do what you want to do. you will also need to set up a multi-output device in your audio MIDI setup utility. there are instructions on how to set it all up on the link i provided. one thing you should know is that the kext file is signed, but the installer is not, so you'll need to follow the instructions to the letter to install it. and just fyi, i downloaded and installed it while still on catalina, but the extension still works on big sur.

this is the file you need from the above page:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 5:48 AM in response to Clinton Gilbert

to record the mac's internal sound with quicktime you need additional software. i use a kext file from the retired soundflower app. the app no longer works but if you download the free kext file from this page it will do what you want to do. you will also need to set up a multi-output device in your audio MIDI setup utility. there are instructions on how to set it all up on the link i provided. one thing you should know is that the kext file is signed, but the installer is not, so you'll need to follow the instructions to the letter to install it. and just fyi, i downloaded and installed it while still on catalina, but the extension still works on big sur.

this is the file you need from the above page:

How to use screen recorder to record zoom audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.