Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch disconnecting from Apple fitness app on Apple TV during workout

I have an Apple Watch 4 and I'm using the Apple fitness app on Apple TV. All hardware has been upgraded to latest software. Multiple times now during workouts, my watch disconnects from the Apple fitness app. It absolutely wrecks a workout as there is no way to reconnect and start from where you disconnected. The app requires that you go all the way back to the beginning of the work out. A total hassle. Apple fitness is super cool and super buggy it seems.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 5:26 PM

7 replies

Feb 18, 2021 6:41 PM in response to connorfromgrinnell

I had this problem and contacted Apple support, they were unable to resolve the issue. We tried every workaround in the tech’s arsenal, and arrived at “just use the watch with the iPad instead of Apple TV for now”.

I think it’s a bug with the Apple TV and watch telemetry communicating properly. The health data doesn’t quite update in real time.....

Apple Watch disconnecting from Apple fitness app on Apple TV during workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.