Fitness+ "Apple Watch unavailable"

After selecting a workout in Apple Fitness+ and clicking "Lets go", the app searches for my Apple Watch for two minutes and then gives up. This happens repeatedly.

I've powered off the iPhone and the Watch for thirty seconds, but that did not help. And I've restarted the Apple TV 4K box, and checked that all devices have the latest software version, but no improvement.

Bluetooth is enabled on the Watch, and Fitness+ worked fine last year.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 12:29 PM

This was annoying me for half an hour before I found something which worked for me.

Go to "Sign out" in the Fitness+ app and you might find that you have two accounts there: one for your iPhone and one for your Apple Watch. Chose the Apple Watch account and it should then sign you in using your Watch account. Your Watch should ask whether you want to connect to your Apple TV 4K box (or whatever other device you're running Fitness+ on) so say yes.

Then you should be able to start a workout and have Fitness+ find your Apple Watch without problem.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 12:29 PM in response to Osynligt

This was annoying me for half an hour before I found something which worked for me.

Go to "Sign out" in the Fitness+ app and you might find that you have two accounts there: one for your iPhone and one for your Apple Watch. Chose the Apple Watch account and it should then sign you in using your Watch account. Your Watch should ask whether you want to connect to your Apple TV 4K box (or whatever other device you're running Fitness+ on) so say yes.

Then you should be able to start a workout and have Fitness+ find your Apple Watch without problem.

Fitness+ "Apple Watch unavailable"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.