Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone does not ring when wearing watch

Why does my phone no longer ring, since I got an Apple Watch?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 6:57 PM

Question: Does your iPhone ring when you are not wearing your Apple Watch? If it does then the Apple Watch is involved. If it does not ring even when you are not wearing your Apple Watch then the issue is in the settings of your iPhone.

Meanwhile, you can open the Watch app on your iPhone ➔ Notifications ➔ Phone : Ensure that the Mirror my iPhone is checked. Then, on your iPhone, open Settings Sounds & Haptics Ringer and Alerts : Make sure this is not set to OFF or too Low. Set Change with Buttons to OFF. Below that Make sure that there is a Ringtone selected.

If the above recommendations do not work then please answer the questions asked above and we can take things from there.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2020 6:57 PM in response to Valexs1

Question: Does your iPhone ring when you are not wearing your Apple Watch? If it does then the Apple Watch is involved. If it does not ring even when you are not wearing your Apple Watch then the issue is in the settings of your iPhone.

Meanwhile, you can open the Watch app on your iPhone ➔ Notifications ➔ Phone : Ensure that the Mirror my iPhone is checked. Then, on your iPhone, open Settings Sounds & Haptics Ringer and Alerts : Make sure this is not set to OFF or too Low. Set Change with Buttons to OFF. Below that Make sure that there is a Ringtone selected.

If the above recommendations do not work then please answer the questions asked above and we can take things from there.

Axel F.

Phone does not ring when wearing watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.