Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Ipad air 4 screen problem

Anyone know why this happened? Since I bought it in November, it hasn't undergone any physical damage, and I haven't meddled with the software either. I just use my iPad to read books, research journals, take notes on Notability and make art (sometimes).

I was using Sketches app when this happened.

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 2:28 AM

To check if it is a temporary glitch, perform a forced restart of your device:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears, release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

If the issue persists, make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 2:28 AM in response to ironman18

To check if it is a temporary glitch, perform a forced restart of your device:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears, release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

If the issue persists, make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

New Ipad air 4 screen problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.