You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Barclays Debit Card not adding to wallet correctly

I have just updated the Apple Watch to 7.2 and IPhone 7+ to the latest 13.3, and now have an issue adding my Debit card again.

It seems you can add it to the wallet on the phone and it accepts it. When it then asks to add to the Watch, it fails with ‘Card not added, Contact your card issuer for more information’.

If i remove it from the Phone, it will connect to the Apple Watch.

So it seems its either one or the other. Before the upgrade both IPhone and Apple Watch worked.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what’s the resolution..

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 7:45 AM

10 replies

Jan 20, 2021 1:50 PM in response to Dave-Richmond

My issue only started after restoring my phone to the factory settings. I tried adding other bank cards and those worked except for the Barclays debit card. Then I also tried adding that card to my boyfriend's Apple Pay and it didn't work either, but his worked in my phone, which I found very strange, but it made me realise that it was an issue with the card itself or the bank, and not Apple Pay.

I ended up reporting my card as damaged and ordered a replacement one, however that one didn't work either for a day or two. Then all of a sudden, it worked. I have no explanation as to what happened, but my problem was solved.

When I called the bank, the lady told me that if the new card doesn't work either, I should give them a call so that Barclays can raise an issue with Apple, which was not necessary in my case, but if you're still having trouble, I believe that would be an option

I hope this helps :)

Barclays Debit Card not adding to wallet correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.