Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcpx 10.5.1 big sur doesn' show any effect

I copied "Motion Templates" folder to my new MacBook Air M1 Big Sur and Final Cut Pro doesn't show any my title, effect, transition, generator at all. I do remember the previous version I just drag and drop to specific folder or install the plugin, it will automatic update in the effect list in fcpx.

How can I resolve this issue? The fcpx only show standard effect of their own.

MacBook

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 8:39 AM

Please post a screenshot of the folder hierarchy, in Column View.

It should look similar to this:

Also, make sure that folders "Motion Templates", "Effects" "Titles", "Generators" and "Transitions" are localized.

open the Get Info window and make sure that there is an extension .localized. If it is not there, add it (it won't be visible in the Finder, but FCP requires that it is there).

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 8:39 AM in response to SteveJustTouch

Please post a screenshot of the folder hierarchy, in Column View.

It should look similar to this:

Also, make sure that folders "Motion Templates", "Effects" "Titles", "Generators" and "Transitions" are localized.

open the Get Info window and make sure that there is an extension .localized. If it is not there, add it (it won't be visible in the Finder, but FCP requires that it is there).

Jan 5, 2021 8:08 AM in response to SteveJustTouch

I did the .localized tag at the end of all folders and subfolders per suggestions on this thread. FCPX is still giving me an icon showing they are not available. Screenshot attached.

Affected machines are: /2018 iMac i7/Big Sur/FCPX 10.5.1 and also a 2019 Macbook Pro i9/Big Sur/FCPX 10.5.1

Both units have over 30 gigs of RAM and no such problems going from Mohave to Catalina. Big Sur does not play well on my machines with non-Apple additions, plug-ins, effects, titles, etc. I have dozens of each. I found that CoreMelt plug-ins were crashing FCPX on startup, so I deleted everything CoreMelt and the programs runs well, save for my plug-ins of any kind. I did reinstall Motion VFX titles from scratch, downloading them from the VHX Minstaller website to make them operable.

Thank you for all you do.

fcpx 10.5.1 big sur doesn' show any effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.