Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX video missing a slide

I have MacOs version 11.6 and FCPX 10.6.3. I've just copied onto my MBP a saved project from a hard drive ((from earlier this year). It needed to be updated when opening in FCPX. I had an error in some (pdf) slides in the video that I corrected. However, when I export the video, I get the message: '(Project name) has missing or offline titles, effects, generators, or media. If you continue, these items will be replaced with missing-media graphics.' I continue, and the exported video is missing the first slide, even though it is showing as expected in FCPX. Any suggestions as to how to remedy this please?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 7:02 AM

8 replies

Jul 30, 2022 7:53 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom.

The pdf slides are on the left of the screen and I'm on the right. When I select the first pdf (on top of the magnetic timeline) and press Shift-F, it shows in it's original format (not cropped nor transformed) in the centre of the viewer against a black backdrop.

Reveal in finder is greyed out (when I right click on the browser pdf name and also under file).

FCPX video missing a slide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.