Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since installing Big Sur 11.0.1 my Mac won't talk to my HP 2420 Laserjet. Says it's not connected. I downloaded driver update from Mac site. Oddly I can print a pdf but not a document.

Since installing Big Sur 11.0.1 my Mac won't talk to my HP 2420 Laserjet. Says it's not connected. I downloaded driver update from Mac site. Oddly I can print a pdf but not a document.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 5:59 AM

Thanks Karina, I needed to get it working so I ended up calling Apple. Brandy logged on to the computer and had me do exactly that and we're all good. Prior to that I tried to figure it aout and downloaded a driver update. That did nothing that's when I called.

2 replies

Dec 21, 2020 4:25 PM in response to Tincada

Hello Tincada,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like your having issues with your printer since updating to Big Sur. We understand the importance of getting this issue resolved, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

Are you experiencing issues with the printer when connected wirelessly to your Mac, connected using USB cable, or Both?

If you haven't already, let's try to remove the printer, then add it again by following the steps in the following link:

Remove a printer on Mac

Add a printer on Mac

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.