Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini with M1 Chip

I have a brand new Mac Mini running Mac OS Big Sur. It is really disappointing that my HP Laserjet CP1515n now no longer works.

Please can can anyone help me with where I might find Big Sur drivers?

Mac mini, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 12:30 PM

9 replies

Aug 23, 2021 1:06 PM in response to CrewT

HP Supported this printer up through macOS 10.12 (Sierra). Those drivers may have supported it through Mojave (10.14), but not afterward with the 64-bit only requirements of Catalina and Big Sur.

It is not supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint drivers. It might be supported by the HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS (Update: 12/2020) download as it shows the Color LaserJet CP1510 series support in it. After you install this, your device will not see the driver until you re-add the printer (reset the print system…) with the CP1510 series driver.

GutenPrint for macOS (v5.3.3) shows explicit (experimental) support for the Color LaserJet CP1515n, but it is unclear how well this will install and work in macOS Big Sur with a two-year-old GutenPrint build.

Aug 23, 2021 1:23 PM in response to CrewT

The issue is not the Mac M1 mini, it is a combination of printer vendors disengaging support long before the devices are dead, and your not performing due diligence with HP driver support on Big Sur — prior to the M1 mini purchase. If the HP Printer Drivers v5.1 installation provides the driver support you require for the CP1515n, then all should be good.

If you purchased the Mac mini M1 directly from Apple, then you should be able to return it within 14 days of purchase. Uncertain if that is true in the UK though.

Mac Mini with M1 Chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.