Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New device with free year of appletv+

I recently bought a new iPhone and have the option to subscribe to appletv+ for a year for free. Yet when I go into the app anything in appleTv+ other than the free first episode I would have to pay the subscription. Why do I get a free year of appletv+ and still have to pay a monthly fee to access fee to the shows on appletv+?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 8:08 PM

The free year is not automatic. You have to redeem the offer and start the subscription. Then you get the first year free.

How to redeem, in four easy steps: Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Terms and conditions: ATV+_Promo_TandCs

If you qualify, and if you did as described in the guide, and you still do not get to see the year offer, then contact Apple Support. They can assist in getting you the service, if needed using activation codes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 8:08 PM in response to poohbear312

The free year is not automatic. You have to redeem the offer and start the subscription. Then you get the first year free.

How to redeem, in four easy steps: Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Terms and conditions: ATV+_Promo_TandCs

If you qualify, and if you did as described in the guide, and you still do not get to see the year offer, then contact Apple Support. They can assist in getting you the service, if needed using activation codes.

New device with free year of appletv+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.