Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just purchased an iPhone 14 Pro Max. How come I don’t get AppleTV for 3 months free?

I just purchased an iPhone 14 Pro Max. How come I don’t get AppleTV+ for 3 months free? I signed up for AppleTV+, but only received a one week free trial. I did not sign up using the new iPhone. I signed up through the Apple TV device, figuring it was related to my account. Signing in with the new iPhone shows I have a 1 week free trial. How do I get the free 3 month trial?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 10:31 AM

The offer is tied to the hardware purchase and needs to be redeemed on that device, after which time the subscription will be tied to your account for the other devices to use. The standard trial is for the 7 days. If you already activated the subscription then you would no longer be eligible for the offer. You are still free to contact Apple to see about an exception, but there is no guarantee.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2022 10:31 AM in response to dshine835

The offer is tied to the hardware purchase and needs to be redeemed on that device, after which time the subscription will be tied to your account for the other devices to use. The standard trial is for the 7 days. If you already activated the subscription then you would no longer be eligible for the offer. You are still free to contact Apple to see about an exception, but there is no guarantee.

Oct 25, 2022 10:48 AM in response to dshine835

Not a problem. The device is registered once you set it up, but the offer is tied to the hardware purchase and needs the user to activate it on that device before it is associated with the account.

As per the terms

Offer must be claimed in the Apple TV app within three months after first setting up your new device. To see the offer appear, you will need to sign in with your Apple ID on your new device.

Cheers

I just purchased an iPhone 14 Pro Max. How come I don’t get AppleTV for 3 months free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.