Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not showing in Finder on Macbook with macOS Mojave

My iPhone not showing in Finder on my Macbook with macOS Mojave. I tried going into Finder, clicking on Preferences, clicking the Sidebar tab, clicking the checkbox next to CDs, DVDs, and iOS Devices to check it if the box is empty. Unclicked the box, waited a few minutes and checked it again. My iphone still does not show up.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 8:55 AM

That's a feature of macOS Catalina, not Mojave! Just connect your iPhone to your MacBook and open iTunes to have access to your iPhone for backups etc. Just make sure your iPhone is unlocked! Hope this helps you! Regards, Ian.

5 replies

Dec 19, 2020 9:45 AM in response to terryreed123

If you have not connected your iPhone to that computer before, you may get the message shown in this Apple article if you are running Mojave:

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

It was painstakingly written by the "Department of Obfuscation." Had it been written by normal people it would say,

"This update patches iTunes so you can continue to use iTunes to manage, back-up, and update your <iDevice> running iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 just like you did before. It WILL NOT change your operating system level and is a small, fast download and install."

I've installed it on both my Macs running Mojave without issue.

iPhone not showing in Finder on Macbook with macOS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.