Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch / Braided Loop Band (correct sizing)

I recently received a new 44mm size Apple Watch SE along with a braided solo loop size 8 (Inverness green)

(they purchased both from NY since in my country they do not sell braided solo bands)

My wrist measure is 182 cm or 7,16 inch. (tight)

Prior buying, I took the apple test with the paper, where my wrist closed in the middle of size 9 (really tightly),

thus according to instructions I went down one size and I selected size 8 because I want the band to be really snug not loose.

I feel now that it is not so snug and by the time passing it will become loose and I wonder if I have to go one size down (to size 7).

Usually yarns, passing the time, become larger but never smaller. (Apple does not mention anywhere the difference in cm between two sizes)

For example between sizes 7 and 8. Assuming that the difference among sizes might not be more than 2cm I feel that it’s worth trying to send it back and try for size 7. Unfortunately Apple website does not mention anywhere band size difference in cm (among sizes) as well as band sizes related with wrist measurements in cm or inches (for example size 7 fits for wrists 178-185 cm)

A lot of fuss has been created among Apple Watch users concerning the insufficient apple aid for selecting the right band size !!!

Any thoughts and/or recommendations for my case ? Shall I stay with my existing size 8 or go with size 7 ?

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 7:17 AM

IMHO I would send back the current band and get 1 size smaller. I did the same after receiving mine and wearing for a day or two, it was OK but not great, sent back and I am now waiting for a new band 1 size smaller.

The Silicon Loop Band and the Braided Loop Band do not fit the same in Size - I have the Silicon and the Sizing is spot on the Braided in the Same size was a bit looser.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2020 7:17 AM in response to thesmy

IMHO I would send back the current band and get 1 size smaller. I did the same after receiving mine and wearing for a day or two, it was OK but not great, sent back and I am now waiting for a new band 1 size smaller.

The Silicon Loop Band and the Braided Loop Band do not fit the same in Size - I have the Silicon and the Sizing is spot on the Braided in the Same size was a bit looser.

Dec 19, 2020 11:06 PM in response to thesmy

Hi, I'm about to buy my first Apple Watch (2 actually one for partner and myself), but I am trying to work out what size bands need to be ordered. I thought there was a tool that allowed a print out to determine size, but searching support, I can not find it.

Does anyone have a suggestion of the best bands to use as well as how to determine the best size to order? I guess Solo and Braided Bands are new, but seems some think you need to go one size smaller than recommended .. any suggestions? Or is a normal band more universal in that you have various settings? Thanks

Apple Watch / Braided Loop Band (correct sizing)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.