Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto fill of updated passwords

Why is my auto fill not working when I updated a password?

iPad Mini 5, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:45 AM

Hi denice210.

We’d like for you to add the passwords to eBay and Nectar again and remove the previous password listing. Please go to  Settings > Passwords >  Tap “+” and add password. After adding these passwords again, do they autofill now?

Let us know the results.

Take care.

5 replies

Dec 22, 2020 2:07 PM in response to denice210

Hello denice210.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you edited a saved password but the updated password doesn’t autofill. We’re happy to help.

Please go to Settings > Passwords. Do you see the edited information there? Please go to Settings > Passwords > AutoFill Passwords. Are you autofilling passwords from iCloud Keychain or another resource, such as another web browser or password keeper app? 

Here’s more information about saved passwords in Settings: How to find saved passwords on your iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Dec 23, 2020 6:43 AM in response to raina_b22

Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I have a saved icon for EBay but that does not show on “saved settings” list nor in autofill passwords. I also have a saved icon for Nectar - that is listed in saved settings but nothing in autofill. All my other saved icons are shown and all have autofill passwords operating satisfactorily.

can you think what the problem is please?

Auto fill of updated passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.