Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello why auto fill password not present with ios 15.0.1

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 12:16 AM

Just spoke to the apple team apparently it’s not apples fault but the websites and apps that has not updated the version to allow apple’s feature for newer models and saying this nothing can be done you just have to memorise the pin and type it in….. feels like I should have just brought a 12 or 11 rather than the 13 🙃

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2021 12:16 AM in response to Himoooooooooo

Just spoke to the apple team apparently it’s not apples fault but the websites and apps that has not updated the version to allow apple’s feature for newer models and saying this nothing can be done you just have to memorise the pin and type it in….. feels like I should have just brought a 12 or 11 rather than the 13 🙃

Oct 11, 2021 7:52 AM in response to Momolondoner

Momolondoner wrote:

Some websites have been doing unique and stupid things with password input fields and with password storage, and for far many years.

We can see the former (no cut-and-paste support in the password input field, counterproductive password character-filtering requirements, deliberately-disabled password-manager support, etc), while the latter only becomes apparent should the website fail to sufficiently protect its password stores, or when the website can (unfortunately) mail or text you your current password..

This in aggregate is also why unique passwords have become near mandatory for each of us.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.