Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage group, can’t reply

I have an iMessage group with four other iPhone users that I receive messages in, but am unable to reply. There is no keyboard for this group only. These four are also in other groups that have additional users, sometimes just iPhones or sometimes also with Androids. All other groups I can reply.

When I long press on a message in the group I can hit “Reply” but a keyboard never appears.

iPhone 12 Pro

iOS 14.2.1

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 2:46 PM

Hello Jondillabaugh,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that your keyboard does not appear when trying to respond to a group MMS on your iPhone. We'd be happy to help take a look.

To start with, let's force the Messages app to close and restart your iPhone:

1. How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. Restart your iPhone

If the keyboard still doesn't appear after, we'd also like to have you test again after updating your iPhone to the latest iOS and keep us posted on the results:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 2:46 PM in response to Jondillabaugh

Hello Jondillabaugh,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that your keyboard does not appear when trying to respond to a group MMS on your iPhone. We'd be happy to help take a look.

To start with, let's force the Messages app to close and restart your iPhone:

1. How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. Restart your iPhone

If the keyboard still doesn't appear after, we'd also like to have you test again after updating your iPhone to the latest iOS and keep us posted on the results:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

iMessage group, can’t reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.