Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to get 2015 MacBookPro with hosed hard drive diagnosed / going again

My trusty 2105 15" MacBookPro fritzed out when it hit zero battery while YouTube was streaming. The next morning I got a blinking folder at startup. I sent the harddrive for recovery but it was unrecoverable. There is now an Aura N SSD inside, having serious trouble getting the computer going.

Internet Recovery goes through a countdown / progress bar and then kicks the computer into a restart. Trying to boot from an installable Sierra boot USB gets partway through the Apple progress bar and then kicks the computer into a restart. Running Diagnostics gives a PPT001 error. In single-user mode, I don't know what is relevant, but it does say "SmartBattery: abort polling".

However, there don't seem to be similar issues when I boot from a separate macbook using target disk mode. I can see the Aura N drive, battery, etc.

Are there any next steps other than logic board replacement?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 8:21 PM

Hi,

PPT001 error means The battery was not detected.

Try to contact Apple support or take your computer to a near opened Apple Authorized Service Provider or retail Apple Store to learn which service and support options are available.

Similar questions

1 reply

Trying to get 2015 MacBookPro with hosed hard drive diagnosed / going again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.