Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no connection to MagicMouse

When booting with High Sierra's installer, my Magic Mouse isnt working. I its green light is flashing repeatedly without any connectivity. On screen the mouse and keyboard drawings come up, suggesting to open their power buttons. Very strange because mouse is already "on". If its any help to this mysterious situation, my MagicMouse is a 1st version (with batteries).

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 3:14 AM

With computer On and Mouse On - turn of Magic Mouse power switch. What 10 - 15 seconds and power on the Mouse.

Question - was the mouse previously Paid to this machine ?

If above does not immediately resolve during High Sierra Installer process - use a USB mouse to continue during this process.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 3:14 AM in response to genikifor

With computer On and Mouse On - turn of Magic Mouse power switch. What 10 - 15 seconds and power on the Mouse.

Question - was the mouse previously Paid to this machine ?

If above does not immediately resolve during High Sierra Installer process - use a USB mouse to continue during this process.

Dec 20, 2020 3:49 AM in response to PRP_53

The mouse is working perfectly in a diff boot i have of HighSierra and ElCap.

I had already tried what u suggested about the power on/off before and it dint work then, didn't work now.

The USB mouse is a solution, but i still do not understand why the MagicMouse isn't working!

Have to fix this as using a USB mouse isn't a permanent solution!

Dec 20, 2020 3:58 AM in response to genikifor

Had similar issue during Clean Install HS of Bootable Installer on Mac mini circa 2011( vintage ) Check batteries and even changed to New ones and would no work - so usb mouse only option. Odd, after installation done and ran Setup Assist - the same mouse was able to be paired. Guess, during the Installation process the Bluetooth Drivers needed to use the mouse were wiped and thus this problem

no connection to MagicMouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.